Cabin Fever on the Ark

It's been raining all day.
When I look outside, time appears to be lost in one of those "skip-it" mid-January days.
Puddles are forming where water has never stayed.
I feel like I've been inside for weeks.
The air is heavy, but if I open a door...I just might be swallowed and washed against a 50 foot tamarack.
The kids are bursting with an increasing, soon-to-be destructive energy and I'm treating it like I'm already on summer break.

My second wind came and went...and I won't regain a third. This much I know.
The home buying process, expectations from people and places I can't make sense of, continuous classroom changes, long daily drives, recommendations from the unknowing, a pregnant wife, terrible-horrible-painfully annoying weather...it's made me become self-serving and anything
but
admirable.

Comments

Popular Posts